Abdul Kalam, the scientist, president, an aerospace Engineer – popularly called the Missile Man of India is no wonder an inspiration to millions of Indians spread across the world. The winner of Bharat Ratna – India’s highest civilian honor is most popular for his interaction with the student community.
1. Dream, Dream Dream, Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.
It is very conflicting when someone uses the word dreams – they seem to be so cliched these days – especially with the amount of fantasy added to them. Having said that, I would be foolish to look at the idea of a dream lightly.
2. Dreams are not those which comes while we are sleeping, but dreams are those when u don’t sleep before fulfilling them.
There sure seems to be a lot of misconception when it comes to dream. And somehow in the parlance dreams seem to have taken a backstage, playing a lighter role.
3. This is my belief: that through difficulties and problems God gives us the opportunity to grow. So when your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins.
We all hate our difficulties and challenges. I haven’t met many people who are excited at the sight of trouble, and I am no different either. But beyond all these challenges – there is a hidden message, sometimes a test to see how badly you want something and sometimes just a signal to alter the route you have followed so far.
4. Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential and power, let difficulties know that you too are difficult.
This quote seems very similar to the one above depicting the reason, purpose and the path for these difficulties in life. They either make us or break us – this is what most people are going to tell you.
5. All birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common, but attitude make the difference.
Every one of us faces problems in life and each of these problems are unique in their own way – their appearance, impact and the solutions too.
6. Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.
Ask every underachiever in life the reason behind his failure. Most of them seem to have some excellent stories. As Jordan Belfort says – “The only thing standing between you and your success is the bullshit story as to why you can’t have it”.
7. Thinking is the capital, Enterprise is the way, and Hard Work is the solution.
Well these are the simple 3 steps to solve any problem you might have in life – Thinking, Finding innovative solutions and working towards the solution.
Everything else is either a detour around these steps or sometimes even a distraction.
8. Suffering is the essence of success!
Does it remind you of this quote – Pain is essential but suffering is optional?!
I like the quote – it is rebellious, it is the ultimate belief in human will. But I am a simple man – I am not evolved enough not to feel anything. There are too many conflicts in my mind and I don’t find it that wrong at all.
9. Confidence and Hard work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you successful person.
Low confidence is a disease, failure is disease, low aim is a crime!
Gosh there are so many conflicting quotes in this world and sometimes it is really confusing which one to pick. So, for a moment – forget all these quotes.
10. Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.
If someone said persistence/perseverance then I guess you have found the right synonym for strength/success as Kalam points out here.
We all are human and we all have a strong side and a weak side. Sorry to douse the enthusiasm a bit but none of us are perfect, but we sure are beautiful with our imperfections.
11. You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.
What does future hold for us? I feel like a young kid looking at a crystal ball hoping to see my life in a huge mansion with a fleet of cars and riches to command.
12. We should not give up and we should not allow the problems defeat us.
Come on Big Guy, you cannot let every pebble in the way block you. If you hit a pebble it – remove it from your feet, if you hit a wall push through it, jump over it, blast it with dynamite.
13. Don’t read success stories, you will only get a message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.
It is exciting to read success stories – it fills us with hope, energy and the belief that anything and everything is possible in this world.
14. Black color is sentimentally bad but, every black board makes the students life bright.
Luck sure is a very good excuse though, it helps us gratify ourselves and curse the omens. The sad thing about cursing the omens is that they don’t tell you what to do next.